Job Number: 23115190
Pay Rate ($): 67.0
Staff Today, a HAN Division, is currently seeking a X-Ray Tech to work at a facility in Colton, California These are registry positions with our company Staff Today.
Pay Rate: $67 / hour
- Rotating weekends, 2 weekends working, the third weekend off. The shifts will rotate and there will not be an exact set schedule.
- Verifying patients' identity and reviewing physicians' orders before beginning x-ray procedures.
- Using x-ray equipment to take radiographic images of patients' bones, tissues, and organs as per physicians' written orders.
- Explaining x-ray procedures to patients and answering their questions.
- Positioning patients accordingly, which may include lifting and moving patients with limited mobility.
- Limiting patients' exposure to radiation by placing lead shields on patients where needed.
- Ensuring that the x-rays taken are of sound quality to prevent repeat procedures.
- Working closely with the resident Radiologist to determine whether further tests are required.
- Ensuring that the x-ray equipment is regularly serviced and in good working order.
- Promptly notifying management of damaged or malfunctioning x-ray equipment.
- Maintaining an accurate record of completed x-ray procedures.
- Minimum one year (12 months) of experience as a Diagnostic X-Ray techs
- Must have up to date credentials in the state of California
- A valid and current CPR card (American Heart Association)
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Familiarity with medical terminology
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a copy of your most recent resume. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Staff Today at (800) 928-5561 and ask to speak with Queyara Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST).
- A technologist with hospital experience (trauma center experience would be a big bonus). Also, candidate needs to be comfortable operating a c-arm in the Operating room.
- Experience in a trauma facility.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.