Job Number: 23-08067
Pay Rate ($): 0.0
Staff Today, a HAN Division, is seeking a Veterinary Surgeon to work at a facility in Riverside, California. This is a registry position with our company Staff Today.
- M-F as needed. Specify the candidate' s work schedule availability.
Education: Graduation from an accredited school of veterinary medicine with a degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
Knowledge of: The principles and practices of modern veterinary medicine, particularly as they relate to the treatment of small animals like dogs and cats; the methods of examining and preparing animals for surgery and of testing and treating them for disease; the laws and regulations governing licensing, quarantine, impounding, and care and treatment of animals.
Ability to: Administer medical treatment to and perform surgery on animals; diagnose diseases among animals; deal tactfully and effectively with the public; prepare correspondence, records and reports as necessary.
• Perform physical examinations, vaccinations and diagnostics treatment on animals to determine appropriate placement/sheltering of animals.
• Using appropriate medical equipment, perform sterilization and other surgeries as necessary on animals; administer anesthesia and/or other medications as needed.
• Perform immunizations on animals for purpose of disease control.
• Perform postmortem exams on a variety of animals in order to make diagnosis or pathological findings to ensure community health.
• Maintain control of medicinal and surgical supplies.
• Ensure through subordinate staff all office equipment and miscellaneous supplies required for clinic activities are maintained at an adequate level and that requisitions are prepared and submitted through appropriate channels as necessary.
• Supervise employees to ensure clinic work is adequately performed; instructs, train and advise paraprofessional staff in the proper care and treatment of animals including the euthanasia of dogs, cats, birds, and livestock.
• Assign and review work of subordinate staff; respond to inquiries from the public and department employees relative to Spay and Neuter Clinic or Mobile Spay/Neuter Clinic activities.
• Maintain records on Spay and Neuter Clinic and Mobile Spay/Neuter Clinic activities; prepare reports and compose correspondence.
Driving Y/N: N
Bilingual Y/N: N
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a copy of your most recent resume. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Staff Today at (800) 928-5561 and ask to speak with Jesus Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST).