Job Number: 21933734
Pay Rate ($): 41.0
Staff Today Inc. (STI) is currently seeking a Unlicensed Sex Offender Counselor to work at a facility in Ordway, Colorado. These are registry positions with our company Staff Today Inc
- Monday through Friday, 0800-1700.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review records and interviews inmates to assess sexual violence level, treatment needs, and treatment amenability;
- Develop and modify individual treatment plans and goals as required by individual needs of the inmates;
- Provide offense specific treatment to sex offenders by conducting group therapy (Track I, Track II, Intensive Treatment Community, etc.) and supplemental individual therapy, status reviews, homework assignment reviews and feedback, and evaluations according to the Sex Offender Treatment and Monitoring Program (SOTMP) program design;
- Document assessment and treatment interventions, progress or lack of, utilizing the appropriate department forms and codes for mental health files and departmental data bases;
- Assure continuity of care for sex offenders by providing written reports for consideration of community corrections placement and Parole Board hearings, following SOTMP therapist manuals and protocols, providing necessary information to receiving agencies, providers and facilities; provide consultation to staff, other agencies, and boards inside and outside DOC; workshops and follow up contact for the family and community support systems of sex offenders;
- Promotes and is accountable for the safety and security of the clinical and correctional environment through conscientious observations, and sensitive item contraband control;
- Informs supervisor of any violations of safety and security through the report writing process, attends training programs as assigned, including self-defense course to ensure self-protection skills;
- Participate in Sex Offender Treatment & Monitoring Program meetings to design and update program content, receive training, conduct staffing on inmates throughout the DOC to determine treatment recommendations for SOTMP and other mental health services to ensure consistent delivery of sex offender treatment services throughout the DOC;
- Review sex offender specific evaluations; provide training for the correctional system regarding the philosophy, rationale, treatment and management of sex offenders' high risk behaviors in a therapeutic community
- Master' s Degree in counseling, social work, psychology, or marriage and family therapy.
- Current, valid registration with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies as a Registered Psychotherapist as required by C.R.S. 12-43-702.5.
- Listing with the SOMB as a treatment provider (Sex Offender Treatment Provider)
Will also accept:
Valid License/Candidacy from the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies as one of the following:
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a copy of your most recent resume. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Staff Today Inc. At (800) 928-5561 and ask to speak with Jesus Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST).
- Marriage and Family Therapist Candidate (MFTC)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate (LPCC)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
- Clinical Social Worker (CSW)
- Psychologist Candidate (PSYC)