Job Number: 23-08950
Pay Rate ($): 60.0
Staff Today, a HAN Division, is seeking a Temporary Director - Patient Access to work at a facility in Riverside, California. This is a registry position with our company Staff Today.
Pay Rate: $60 / hour
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor' s degree with major coursework in business, public, healthcare, hospital administration, or a closely related field to patient access or patient business services. (Additional qualifying experience may substitute for the required education on the basis of 30 semester or 45 quarter units equaling one year of full-time experience.)
Experience: Three years of supervisory experience, which included responsibility for patient access or revenue cycle activities in a hospital or healthcare organization. For those in the role of Charge Master: three years of Charge Master experience and any clinical experience as an LVN or RN is preferred.
Knowledge of: The principles of effective personnel management and supervision; principles and practices involved in patient access or revenue cycle activities, including knowledge of applicable health information systems; laws, rules, regulations, and policies affecting revenue cycle, charge master or patient access functions.
• Plan, organize, coordinate, direct, audit, review, and evaluate staff activities of the RUHS patient access or revenue cycle programs, charge master, revenue integrity, and patient financial services.
• Review departmental policies and procedures and recommend changes to assure effectiveness and consistency in achieving the most efficient methods for admitting and registering patients at RUHS facilities, billing fiscal intermediaries (i.E., Medicare, Medi-Cal, private insurance and grant programs, contracted accounts, and various others), and maximizing collections and generating revenues (e.G., debt collection, lien claim filing and litigation referral).
• Participate in contract negotiations with fiscal intermediaries; participate with accounting and administrative staff in planning the methods and flow of receipts into account receivable operations; review current contracts and new contracts for the best reimbursement for RUHS.
• Review and implement procedural changes and charges required to meet modifications and changes in patient access program or revenue cycle/patient financial services and accounting operations.
• Annually review all CDM changes/updates for rate increases and annual submission of the CDM to any outside reporting agencies.
• Coordinate with the RUHS Information Services Department in the development and implementation of automated systems relative to patient admitting and registration, billing, charge master, charge capture, revenue integrity, and collections functions.
• Review, interpret and apply laws, policies, regulations, and procedures related to patient access functions such as admitting and registration or revenue generating and cost recovery (e.G., billing and credit and collections) functions to assure regulatory compliance; may assist County Counsel in the data gathering and/or preparation for revenue recovery litigation.
• Supervise staff or represent RUHS in small claim actions to be taken with current and delinquent accounts; provide information and evidence to be used in obtaining liens, judgments and other legal remedies.
• Select, assign and direct subordinate supervisors and evaluate their performance; prepare, or direct the preparation of, budget estimates and justifications for medical center programs.
• Maintain cost controls to assure compliance with budget provisions; prepare and review a variety of fiscal reports and study for RUHS administrators.
• Participate in management meetings to assist in the development of RUHS policies, procedures and objectives.
• Assist in educating physicians, health program supervisors and managers regarding credit and collection, charge master, community health clinics, hospital billing, revenue integrity, policies and procedures.
Driving Y/N: N
Bilingual Y/N: N
This a short-term assignment, can last up to 90-Days
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a copy of your most recent resume. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Staff Today at (800) 928-5561 and ask to speak with Jesus Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST).