Job Number: 23-13541
Pay Rate ($): 60.0
Health Advocates Network is seeking a Special Education Teacher to work at a Facility in Imperial Beach, CA. This is a registry position with our company.
Pay Rate: $60 / hour
We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Special Education Teacher to join our team. As a Special Education Teacher, you will play a crucial role in providing individualized instruction and support to students with special needs. Your primary responsibility will be to create a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes academic, social, and emotional growth for all students. This position requires excellent communication skills, strong organizational abilities, and a genuine passion for helping students with diverse learning needs.
1. Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with special needs, in collaboration with parents, general education teachers, and other support staff.
2. Adapt and modify instructional materials and strategies to meet the unique learning needs of each student, ensuring access to the curriculum and fostering academic progress.
3. Utilize a variety of teaching techniques, resources, and technologies to engage students and promote active learning.
4. Provide direct instruction in academic subjects, life skills, and social-emotional development, tailoring instruction to accommodate different learning styles and abilities.
5. Assess student progress regularly, using formal and informal assessments, and maintain accurate records of student performance and achievements.
6. Collaborate with general education teachers and support staff to ensure effective inclusion and integration of students with special needs into the general education classroom.
7. Communicate regularly with parents and guardians, providing updates on student progress, discussing concerns, and soliciting input to support student success.
8. Collaborate with other professionals, such as speech therapists, occupational therapists, and psychologists, to develop and implement appropriate interventions and accommodations.
9. Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment that promotes respect, empathy, and understanding among students, while addressing behavioral challenges effectively.
10. Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, professional development sessions, and parent-teacher conferences to enhance professional growth and maintain open lines of communication.
1. Bachelor's degree in Special Education or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
2. Valid teaching certification in Special Education (state-specific).
3. Proven experience working with students with special needs, preferably in an educational setting.
4. Strong knowledge of special education laws, regulations, and best practices.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
6. Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for working with students with diverse learning needs.
7. Ability to adapt instructional strategies and materials to meet individual student needs.
8. Proficiency in using technology and educational software to enhance instruction and student engagement.
9. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
10. Commitment to ongoing professional development and staying up-to-date with current research and trends in special education.
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may fax a copy of your most recent resume to 877-858-6263. If you have any questions, please feel free to call at (800) 928-5561 and ask to speak with Rashida Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST).