Job Number: 23-12318
Pay Rate ($): 40.0
Health Advocates Network is seeking a School Counselor to work at a Facility in Laurel, MD. This is a registry position with our company.
Pay Rate: $40 - $50 / hour
We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate School Counselor to join our educational institution. As a School Counselor, you will play a vital role in supporting the academic, social, and emotional well-being of our students. You will provide guidance, counseling, and support services to help students navigate personal challenges, make informed decisions, and achieve their full potential. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, a strong understanding of student development, and a passion for helping students succeed.
1. Provide individual and group counseling to students, addressing a wide range of academic, personal, social, and emotional issues.
2. Conduct assessments and evaluations to identify students'strengths, challenges, and needs, and develop appropriate intervention plans.
3. Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and parents to create a supportive and inclusive school environment that promotes student success.
4. Assist students in setting academic and career goals, and provide guidance on course selection, college applications, and post-secondary options.
5. Conduct classroom presentations and workshops on topics such as study skills, stress management, conflict resolution, and career exploration.
6. Implement and monitor individualized education plans (IEPs) and 504 plans for students with special needs, ensuring accommodations and support services are provided.
7. Serve as a resource for teachers and staff, providing guidance on student behavior management, crisis intervention, and conflict resolution strategies.
8. Collaborate with community organizations and agencies to connect students and families with external support services and resources.
9. Maintain accurate and confidential student records, including counseling notes, assessments, and progress reports.
10. Stay updated on current research, best practices, and legal requirements related to school counseling, and participate in professional development activities.
1. Master's degree in School Counseling or a related field from an accredited institution.
2. State certification or licensure as a School Counselor.
3. Previous experience working as a School Counselor or in a related counseling role is preferred.
4. Strong knowledge of student development theories, counseling techniques, and intervention strategies.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and establish trusting relationships with students, parents, and staff.
6. Empathy, patience, and a genuine desire to help students overcome challenges and achieve personal growth.
7. Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and ethical standards related to student confidentiality and privacy.
8. Proficiency in using technology and counseling software for record-keeping and data analysis.
9. Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team and contribute to a positive school culture.
10. Commitment to ongoing professional development and staying updated on best practices in school counseling.
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may fax a copy of your most recent resume to 877-858-6263. If you have any questions, please feel free to call at (800) 928-5561 and ask to speak with Rashida Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST).