Job Number: 23-10231
Pay Rate ($): 0.0
Staff Today, a HAN Division, is seeking a Registered Veterinary Technician to work at a facility in Riverside, California. This is a registry position with our company Staff Today.
- As needed. Candidate will provide availability and Department determines work hours
Education: Successful completion of the education necessary to obtain the required certification issued by the California Veterinary Medical Board.
Experience: One year of paid or voluntary experience working in a kennel, veterinary or animal shelter facility.
Knowledge of: Safe, humane and efficient methods for the care and treatment of small animals, particularly dogs and cats; equipment and procedures used at a veterinary clinic; physical and behavioral characteristics of small animals; substances and methods used to clean and disinfect animal habitats.
Ability to: Care for small animals; recognize abnormal behavioral and physical symptoms in small animals; safely handle and maintain clinic medical instruments and equipment; deal tactfully and effectively with the public; maintain simple records and prepare reports as necessary.
License/Certificate: Possession of a valid California Driver' s License may be required.
Possession of a valid certificate as a Registered Veterinary Technician issued by the California Veterinary Medical Board.
Rabies pre-exposure prophylaxis may be required within 30 days of employment.
• Assist a Veterinary Surgeon in the administration of physical examinations to determine surgical fitness of animals by handling animals during the examination.
• Prepare instruments and medical supplies for Veterinary Surgeon' s use; prepare animals for sterilization surgery and assist with anesthesia procedures.
• Provide the Veterinary Surgeon with supplies needed during the sterilization surgery of animals; provide support for any emergencies that might arise.
• Monitor animals during surgery as needed; observe animals after surgery to detect any abnormal behavior or physical symptoms and report findings to the Veterinary Surgeon.
• Clean and prepare surgical packs and instruments for sterilization prior to surgery; provide general care for and feed animals.
• Under direction, render first aid, medical treatments and therapy as required for hospitalized animals.
• Assist with the admittance and discharge of animals to and from clinic.
Driving Y/N: N
Bilingual Y/N: N
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a copy of your most recent resume. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Staff Today at (800) 928-5561 and ask to speak with Isaiah Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST).