Job Number: 21835601
Pay Rate ($): 40.0
Staff Today Inc (STI) is seeking a Registered Nurse to work at a facility in Pueblo, Colorado. This is a registry position with Staff Today Inc.
- Sun, Mon, Tues 05.30 - 18.50
- Documents in an accurate and timely manner to provide comprehensive offender medical records
- Provides standardized patient education within established nursing guidelines
- Transcribes medical orders and reports at change of shifts
- Provides physical care and treatments, administers medications, collaborates on treatment plans, employs infection control measures, provides referral to appropriate Clinical Services staff for new arrivals, crisis intervention, interviews and triages offenders, and performs instruction and orientation
- Assists physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners with minor medical and surgical procedures
- Ensures ordering and restocking of medications and supplies
- May occasionally be required to participate in restraining an offender primarily for medical reasons
- Delivering PO, IM, IV, SQ, SL medications to offenders in medication lines, infirmaries, specialized cell houses, and PRN
- Observes and reports the physical and emotional condition of offenders including the effectiveness of medications and treatments during sick line emergencies
- Promotes and is accountable for safety and security of the clinical environment through conscientious observations and sensitive item/contraband control including counting syringes, needles, narcotics, instruments, and key control
- Operates a variety of clinical equipment dictated by the type of equipment available in the assigned work unit
- Knowledgeable about all Life Safety policies and procedures applicable to the assigned work unit
- Informs supervisor of any violations of security or safety through the report writing process
- Attends training programs as assigned, including 2-day self-defense to ensure self protection skills
- At least one year (12 months) of experience as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- RN who has some DOC experience.
- A valid and current RN license issued by the State of Colorado.
- A valid and current CPR card (American Heart Association)
If interested in this position, you may apply directly through this job post. If you have any questions, please contact Destinee at our offices at 800-928-5561 Monday through Friday from 8: 30A-5: 00P (PST).