Job Number: 23-14116
Pay Rate ($): 70.0
Health Advocates Network is currently seeking a Registered Nurse to work at a facility in Menands, New York. These are registry positions with our company.
Pay Rate: $70 / hour
- Perform medical reviews, including clinical reviews of medical records to identify appropriateness of care provided based on generally accepted minimum standards of medical practice.
- Responsible for investigating complaints and developing an investigative plan for cases involving violations of NYS Public Health Law, Section 230.
- Conduct telephone interviews of complainants and physicians.
- Coordinate with Medical Coordinators to review patient files to opine on standard of care.
- Draft correspondence to subjects of investigation in compliance with NYS Public Health Law, Section 230. - Obtain and review confidential data which may be necessary to locate subjects of investigation.
- Review and summarize all previous OPMC investigations of the subject physician.
- Document all investigative actions using the established OPMC protocol.
- Maintain the OPMC database iTrak to reflect all completed investigative actions.
- Prepare investigative summary of all actions including recommendation for disposition of cases. - Prepare correspondence to complainant and physician advising of disposition of case, as appropriate.
- Prepare and present cases before when evidence of misconduct is identified.
- Respond to telephone calls from the public with questions concerning Section 230.
- Registered Nurse with current license and registration and no disciplinary actions on license.
- Minimum five years of clinical experience.
- Three (3) years investigative experience.
- Knowledge of current investigative techniques.
- Computer skills to include basic word processing and database applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Experience with the professional medical conduct process.
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may fax a copy of your most recent resume to 877-858-623. If you have any questions, please feel free to call at (800) 928-5561 and ask to speak with Alondra (Monday-Friday 8: 30 AM-5: 00 PM PST).