Job Number: 22501348
Pay Rate ($): 40.0
Staff Today Inc. (STI) is currently seeking a Registered Nurse to work at a Correctional Facility in Limon, Colorado. This is registry position with our company Staff Today Inc.
Pay Rate: $40 / hour
- Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 5 a to 5 p.
- Documents in an accurate and timely manner to provide comprehensive offender medical records
- Provides standardized patient education within established nursing guidelines
- Transcribes medical orders and reports at change of shifts
- Provides physical care and treatments, administers medications, collaborates on treatment plans, employs infection control measures, provides referral to appropriate Clinical Services staff for new arrivals, crisis intervention, interviews and triages offenders, and performs instruction and orientation
- Assists physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners with minor medical and surgical procedures
- Ensures ordering and restocking of medications and supplies
- May occasionally be required to participate in restraining an offender primarily for medical reasons
- Delivering PO, IM, IV, SQ, SL medications to offenders in medication lines, infirmaries, specialized cell houses, and PRN
- Observes and reports the physical and emotional condition of offenders including the effectiveness of medications and treatments during sick line emergencies
- Promotes and is accountable for safety and security of the clinical environment through conscientious observations and sensitive item/contraband control including counting syringes, needles, narcotics, instruments, and key control
- Operates a variety of clinical equipment dictated by the type of equipment available in the assigned work unit
- Knowledgeable about all Life Safety policies and procedures applicable to the assigned work unit
- Informs supervisor of any violations of security or safety through the report writing process
- Attends training programs as assigned, including 2-day self-defense to ensure self protection skills
- At least one year (12 months) of experience as a Registered Nurse
- A valid and current RN license issued by the state of Colorado
- A valid and current CPR card (American Heart Association)
- Prefer Defensive Tactics is completed prior to starting
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may fax a copy of your most recent resume to 877-858-623. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Staff Today Inc. At (800) 928-5561 and ask to speak with Jesus (Monday-Friday 8: 30 AM-5: 00 PM PST).