Job Number: 22429689
Pay Rate ($): 38.5
Staff Today Inc (STI) is currently seeking a Registered Nurse to work at a Correctional Facility in Vanceboro, North Carolina. This is a registry position in which working for Staff Today Inc at the state facility.
- 6: 00pm-6: 00am
- 5: 45am-2: 25pm
- 6: 00am-6: 00pm
- 13-week assignment (can be extended at facilities’ request)
- Conduct inmate sick call 3-times per week as dictated by DPS Health Care Procedure Policy, or assist Unit physician with sick call when Unit physician is present
- Conduct Restrictive Housing checks daily as dictated by the prison Unit Standard Operating Procedures.
- Use approved DPS Nursing Protocols to treat minor injuries & illnesses which do not require a physician' s attention.
- Prepare & administer medications as per physician order.
- Refer inmates to physician' s clinics, or hospitals as appropriate.
- Prepare medical records for transferring inmates, including following the policy & procedure for medication transfer in the DPS.
- Provide inmates access to quality healthcare provided by competent healthcare professionals in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Ensure proper organization & maintenance of health records in accordance with the prison Unit policies and the DPS Health Care Policies & Procedures manual, and assure that the prison Unit healthcare Standard Operating Procedures are maintained in a current state at all times.
- Ensure that all treatments & medications are fully documented in the patient' s health record.
- The Vendor' s RNs may possibly assume charge responsibilities but only after they have been oriented to a particular facility area, however a DPS RN would always be available for consultation via phone or actual site location (contact number to be provided).
- At least one year (12 months) of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
- A valid and current license to practice in the state of North Carolina
- A valid and current BLS card (American Heart Association)
- Proficiency in the English language is necessary for communication with other staff and patients. RN must be able to communicate effectively in oral and written English.
- Experience in Phlebotomy & Event reporting preferred
If interested in this position, Staff Today accepts applications via email, fax, and mail. You may also apply directly through this job post. If you have any questions, please contact Savannah at our offices at 800-928-5561.