Job Number: 23937565
Pay Rate ($): 50.0
Staff Today, a HAN Division, is currently seeking a Registered Nurse to work at the state Psychiatric Facility in Columbia, South Carolina . This is a registry position in which working for Staff Today at the state facility.
Pay Rate: $50 / hour
- Provides direct nursing care, patient and student education and counseling, coordination of services for patients and their families, supervision of program activity in specialized areas or patient needs assessment.
- Assesses the nursing needs of patients and their families.
- Develops, coordinates and implements nursing care plans with patients, families and health care providers.
- Maintains patient records and prepares reports.
- Promotes wellness through activities directed toward prevention and reduction of risk factors, early detection of disease and control of identified health problems.
- Performs medication administration and monitoring.
- Performs preoperative and postoperative procedures.
- Participates in quality assurance activities.
- Supervises and instructs paraprofessional nursing personnel in the care of patients and the maintenance of their areas.
- Plans, implements and evaluates nursing services in a specialized area.
- Assists in program planning, policy-making and the development of standards and procedures in relation to nursing in a specialized area.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team.
- Performs outreach activities to provide services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the techniques and practices of the nursing profession.
- Knowledge of medical and nursing terminology.
- Ability to prepare educational and training materials for nursing care programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Ability to instruct and direct the work of paraprofessional staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain the confidence and cooperation of patients.
- Licensure as a registered nurse by the South Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Some positions require a valid driver' s license and/or certification in Basic Life Support.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
If interested in this position, Staff Today accepts applications via email and fax. You may also apply directly through this job post. If you have any questions, please contact Christian at our offices 800-928-5561.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.