1. General job duties. Types of procedures required.
Medical/Cardiac Unit, basic nursing
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.)
EPIC computer charting, omni-cell
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
Minimum 2 years experience
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
BLS required, ACLS preferred
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?)
Variable schedule, weekends required, call in NOT required
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?)
Other dept to float to would be Medical/Surgical
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only)
4-5/1 RN, with a CNA on day shift, 5-6 on nights with a CNA
9. Dress Code: Must cover tattoos, no facial piercings, no unusual hair colors
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
Computer training and 1 day unit orientation