Quality Improvement Specialist- Advanced
Pay Rate: $52 / hour
Quality Improvement Specialist
A Quality Improvement Specialist must have PC-experience with
Windows-based applications. The candidate must have at least 2 years of
infection prevention and control experience. Candidate must be proficient
in the use of NHSN. Certification in Infection Control (CIC) is highly
preferred. The successful candidate must have at least a Bachelor' s degree,
be detail-oriented, be self-driven, and have excellent communication skills
(verbal and written). The applicant must demonstrate a positive attitude
and professional work ethic.
This position will support the Healthcare-Associated Infection Prevention
Program by providing support and education to Pennsylvania healthcare
facilities for enrollment in NHSN and will monitor data and assess
infection prevention and control plans.
• Coordinate and lead meetings with healthcare facilities to discuss
NHSN and infection prevention and control data.
• Review and assess facility-based infection control plans to ensure
that they include current, evidence-based practices and align with
PA Act 52 requirements.
• Provide healthcare facilities with remote infection prevention and
control support and guidance.
• Support, monitor, and track multiple projects.
• Facilitate multiple projects and complete progress reports.
• Oversee facility enrollment in NHSN and ensure data validity and
• Assist in generating reports in NHSN.
• Provide education and training sessions via web-based platforms to
support healthcare facilities' infection prevention and control
• Serve as a liaison to healthcare facilities.
The Quality Improvement Specialist will
• Coordinate and collaborate with other contracted and Department
staff to fulfill project goals.
• Serve as the coordinator, manager, and liaison for multiple projects.
• Provide updates to the supervisor.
• Possess excellent communication and organizational skills and
• Use a cell phone, laptop computer, Outlook, Skype, Word, and