Job Number: 22706244
Pay Rate ($): 134.0
Staff Today Inc. Is currently seeking a Psychiatric Practitioner to work at a facility in Williamsburg, VA. These are registry positions with our company Staff Today Inc.
Pay Rate: $134 / hour
- Available to start immediately (pending credentialing)
- Initially Appointment for 3 month assignment, with option to extend 3 -6 month assignment, if the position remains unfilled
- Full-time, 40 hours a week with assigned office hours of Monday to Friday from 8: 00 a.M. To 5: 00 pm with 1 hour lunch break
- NOT approved for overtime
- No weekends, no holidays, no on-call duty
- Ability to provide cross coverage, to include forensic populations, as required
- Once a month, participation in Lunch Coverage Call (12: 00 PM – 1: 00 PM)
- Experience working with adult admission or geriatric admission and chronic geriatric inpatient populations is required
- Experience conducting comprehensive psychiatric evaluations and forensic evaluations for competency restoration is required
- Comfortable working on an admissions work up and potential rapid turnover
- Ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary treatment team
- BLS Healthcare Provider certification is required
- Facility Hospitalizations: Acute, Adult, Inpatient wards (male & female)
- Facility Demographics: Forensic, NGRI, Civil, Jail Transfer, and Geriatric populations
- Facility Stay: Short and Long-term length of stay
- Caseload varies by ward
- Admissions unit: 10 patients per provider
- Geriatric (long-term) unit: 40 patients per provider
- NGRI Units— 30-40 patients per provider
- Admission unit: 5-10 per week
- Geriatric (long-term) unit: 4 per month
- PCP coverage provided
- Full complement of interdisciplinary team members
- Weekly Notes for New Admissions
- Monthly Notes for patients over 60 days following admissions
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a copy of your most recent resume. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Staff Today Inc. At 800-928-5561 and ask to speak with Tawnya Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST)
- Conduct comprehensive psychiatric evaluations. Ensure medical history, mental status, and physical examinations are completed according to policy, TJC and CMS standards and other regulatory agencies.
- Follow treatment protocols for competency restoration to ensure rapid turnaround of pretrial forensic patients.
- Attend judicial hearings on campus, appropriate to the assigned patient population.
- Lead Treatment Planning Conferences and provide effective leadership in developing and maintaining the therapeutic process between physicians, nursing staff, psychologists, social workers, rehab staff and patients.
- Complete required documentation in a timely manner. Failure to complete documentation in a timely manner may result in withholding time card approvals and/or cancellation of contract.