Job Number: 23206487
Pay Rate ($): 104.0
Staff Today Inc. (STI) is currently seeking Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners to work at a facility in Portland, OR. These are registry positions with our company Staff Today Inc.
Pay Rate: $104 / hour
- Provides patient assessment, diagnosis and treatment plans in accordance with statutes, regulations and protocols regulating the profession.
- Collaborates with the staff psychiatrist, the nursing staff and technical personnel, as well as the counselors at the University Counseling center and outside local counselors.
- Provides psychiatric health services, education, counseling and emotional support.
- Refers patients for inpatient care, in collaboration with the staff psychiatrist, as necessary. Issues medication prescriptions in accordance with treatment guidelines.
- Orders laboratory tests, interprets and explains the test results to patients.
- Provides patient education regarding medications, risks, benefits and reasonable outcome expectations.
- Communicates with patients and engages in follow-up as necessary.
- May also provide primary medical care services as indicated, in accordance with statues, regulations and protocols regulating the profession.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a copy of your most recent resume. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Staff Today inc. At 800-928-5561 and ask to speak with Megan Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST).
- Completion of a Master' s Degree or, post-Master' s Degree in Nursing within the psychiatry specialty area from an accredited college or university.
- Possession of current license to practice as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner as granted by OR.
- Knowledge of the principles of psychotherapy applicable to care, treatment and rehabilitation of children and adults with behavioral, developmental or psychological disturbances.
- Knowledge of psychological testing devices and methods.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.