Job Number: 24-00208
Pay Rate ($): 47.0
Health Advocates Network is seeking a Physical Therapist to work at a Facility in Rosenberg, TX. This is a registry position with our company.
Pay Rate: $47 - $57 / hour
We are dedicated to providing comprehensive and inclusive educational services to students of all abilities. We believe in the importance of physical well-being and its impact on students'overall development and academic success. We are seeking a skilled and compassionate Physical Therapist to join our team in the school setting. As a School-Based Physical Therapist, you will play a vital role in supporting students'physical health and motor development to enhance their participation and achievement in the school environment.
- Conduct assessments to evaluate students'physical abilities, motor skills, and functional limitations within the school setting.
- Collaborate with the school's multidisciplinary team, including teachers, occupational therapists, and speech-language pathologists, to develop individualized education plans (IEPs) and goals for students with physical therapy needs.
- Develop and implement evidence-based physical therapy interventions and treatment plans to address students'motor challenges, improve their functional abilities, and promote independence.
- Provide direct physical therapy services to students, both individually and in small groups, within the school setting.
- Guide and instruct students in therapeutic exercises, activities, and techniques to improve their strength, balance, coordination, and mobility.
- Collaborate with teachers and other school staff to integrate physical therapy strategies and accommodations into students'daily routines and classroom activities.
- Provide training and support to teachers and staff on strategies to promote motor development, physical fitness, and inclusive physical education for all students.
- Monitor and document student progress, collecting data and maintaining accurate records to track their development and the effectiveness of interventions.
- Attend and actively participate in IEP meetings, providing input on students'physical therapy goals, progress, and recommendations for ongoing support.
- Advocate for the inclusion and accessibility of students with physical disabilities, ensuring that their physical needs are met and that they have equal opportunities for participation and success in the school environment.
- Stay updated on the latest research and best practices in the field of physical therapy, with a focus on school-based interventions and strategies.
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may fax a copy of your most recent resume to 877-858-6263. If you have any questions, please feel free to call at (800) 928-5561 and ask to speak with Rashida Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST).
- Master's degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited program.
- Licensure as a Physical Therapist in the state.
- Experience working with children and adolescents in a school or pediatric setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of motor development, gross motor skills, and physical fitness in the school-aged population.
- Familiarity with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and the IEP process.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with students, parents, teachers, and other school staff.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability in a school environment.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and staying informed about advancements in the field of physical therapy in the school setting.