Pay Rate: $64 / hour
Qualifications: • Doctor of optometry (O.D.) degree.
• Must possess a state-issued license for O.D. And optometry.
• A minimum of 2 years ‘ experience as an Optometrist.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• In-depth knowledge of eye-related disorders and conditions.
• Customer service oriented with excellent analytical skills.
Role Description: • Perform excellent comprehensive eye exams to ensure flawless accuracy in taking measurements and diagnosing ocular conditions.
• Explain eye health and prescription terminology to patients.
• Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge and effectively communicate features and benefits to patients.
• Diagnose sight problems, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness, and eye diseases, such as glaucoma
• Provide treatments such as vision therapy or low-vision rehabilitation
• Provide pre- and postoperative care to patients undergoing eye surgery (i.E. Examining a patients eyes the day after surgery)
• Prescribe eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other visual aids, and if state law permits, medications
• Evaluate patients for the presence of other diseases and conditions, such as diabetes or hypertension, and refer patients to other healthcare providers as needed
• Promote eye and general health by counseling patients