Job Number: 24-00209
Pay Rate ($): 47.0
Health Advocates Network is seeking a Occupational Therapist to work at a Facility in Rosenberg, TX. This is a registry position with our company.
Pay Rate: $47 - $57 / hour
We are dedicated to providing comprehensive and inclusive educational services to students of all abilities. We believe in the importance of occupational therapy in supporting students'participation and success in the school environment. We are seeking a skilled and compassionate Occupational Therapist to join our team in the school setting. As a School-Based Occupational Therapist, you will play a vital role in addressing students'unique sensory, motor, and self-care needs to enhance their overall development and academic achievement.
- Conduct assessments to evaluate students'sensory processing, motor skills, and functional abilities within the school setting.
- Collaborate with the school's multidisciplinary team, including teachers, speech-language pathologists, and physical therapists, to develop individualized education plans (IEPs) and goals for students with occupational therapy needs.
- Develop and implement evidence-based occupational therapy interventions and treatment plans to address students'sensory, motor, and self-care challenges, promoting their independence and participation in the school environment.
- Provide direct occupational therapy services to students, both individually and in small groups, within the school setting.
- Guide and instruct students in therapeutic activities and techniques to improve their fine motor skills, visual motor skills, sensory processing abilities, and self-care abilities.
- Collaborate with teachers and other school staff to integrate occupational therapy strategies and accommodations into students'daily routines and classroom activities.
- Provide training and support to teachers and staff on strategies to promote sensory regulation, motor development, and independence for students.
- Monitor and document student progress, collecting data and maintaining accurate records to track their development and the effectiveness of interventions.
- Attend and actively participate in IEP meetings, providing input on students'occupational therapy goals, progress, and recommendations for ongoing support.
- Advocate for the inclusion and accessibility of students with sensory and motor challenges, ensuring that their occupational therapy needs are met and that they have equal opportunities for participation and success in the school environment.
- Stay updated on the latest research and best practices in the field of occupational therapy, with a focus on school-based interventions and strategies.
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may fax a copy of your most recent resume to 877-858-6263. If you have any questions, please feel free to call at (800) 928-5561 and ask to speak with Rashida Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST).
- Master's degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program.
- Licensure as an Occupational Therapist in the state.
- Experience working with children and adolescents in a school or pediatric setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of sensory processing, motor development, and self-care skills in the school-aged population.
- Familiarity with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and the IEP process.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with students, parents, teachers, and other school staff.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability in a school environment.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and staying informed about advancements in the field of occupational therapy in the school setting.