Pay Rate: $55 / hour
• Doctoral degree from an APA accredited program in Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, or related field
• Completion of an APA accredited internship in psychology
• Completion of pre- and post-doctoral training in neuropsychology
• Completion of a 2-year postdoctoral fellowship in neuropsychology or rehabilitation psychology (preferred)
• Current licensure or licensure eligibility in Pennsylvania
• Board-certified or board-eligible in Clinical Neuropsychology or Rehabilitation Psychology through the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP)
• At least one year full-time postdoctoral experience as a clinical neuropsychologist or rehabilitation psychologist
• Experience working with interdisciplinary treatment teams
• Forensic evaluation experience (preferred)
• Experience working in an inpatient psychiatric setting or state hospital
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Effective professional management skills, including the ability to plan, organize and schedule work with a focus on key priorities and deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Sound judgement in decision-making
• Flexibility and adaptability to change
• Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide culturally competent, evidence-based clinical services
• Must be an innovative self-starter with a commitment to excellence
Torrance State Hospital is seeking a Neuropsychologist to conduct diagnostic neuropsychological evaluations, provide direct patient treatment, and guide interdisciplinary cognitive rehabilitation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provisions of neuropsychological assessment and direct patient care for an adult inpatient psychiatric hospital population at Torrance State Hospital.
• Provides neuropsychological services as assigned, encompassing evaluation of the patient' s presenting complaints and condition, past medical and psychiatric histories, social history current mental status.
• Uses objective measurements in the evaluation process. Provides neuropsychological testing/evaluations as assigned. Interprets results of neuropsychological and psychological testing. Prepares and distributes reports of assessments to the referral source and other designated providers upon completion of the assessment.
• Performs psychological evaluations as assigned, encompassing evaluation of the patient' s presenting complaints and condition, past medical and psychiatric histories, social history, coping skills, psychological adjustment and resiliency, and current mental status.
• Conceptualizes cases leading to appropriate diagnoses. Assesses potential barriers to treatment. Formulates treatment goals and plans.
• Implements empirically based treatment/intervention/adaptation strategies. Provides patient progress reports to referral source and other care providers as indicated.
• Makes recommendations to referral sources and other health care providers pertinent to the diagnosis(es).
• Interprets and conceptualizes evaluation findings and reviews them with the patient, family, significant others, outside agencies, and treatment team as indicated.
• Coordinates treatment plans through active participation in meetings and departmental conferences.
• Monitors and re-evaluates the patient' s response to intervention and modifies treatment plan as necessary.
• Maintains documentation in the patient' s record of evaluations and assessments, treatment plans, and processes. Completes required forms and documents all patient contacts in the medical record in order to provide a continually up-to-date assessment of patient status.
• Consults with psychiatrists, psychologists, and other interdisciplinary treatment team members.
• Participates in Treatment Team meetings.
• Complies with established organizational and professional standards, policies, procedures, and ethical principles, including those pertaining to billing, reimbursement, scheduling and safety, and emergency procedures.
• Participates in all functions related to the doctoral internship program including candidate reviews, interviews and selection, supervision, mentoring and training, and evaluation.
• Acts as a resource to staff, providing training and supervision as needed.
• Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-service programs.
• Performs other related job duties as assigned.