Job Number: 23682297
Pay Rate ($): 0.0
Staff Today, a HAN Division, is currently seeking a Mental Health Professional (LPC or LCSW) to work at a Facility in Phoenix, AZ. These are registry positions with our company Staff Today.
- 40 hours Mon-Thur or Tue-Fri 10 hr days.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts mental health interviews, screenings, and evaluations and determines appropriate mental health services and treatment plans to address an inmate' s, detainee' s, or resident' s (I/D/R) specific mental health needs in accordance with the mission of the outpatient mental
health program and policies.
- Provides a full-range of supportive mental health services including brief individual counseling, group counseling (process or psycho-educational), and specialty group counseling (e.G., anger management, coping skills, end of sentence, life term, etc.), and I/D/R consultations.
- Provides case management services as required to ensure continuity of ongoing service delivery.
- Prepares all related mental health documentation in accordance with applicable organizational and state standards in a clear, thorough, and timely manner.
- Consults with Security, Medical, Classification and other departments as needed in I/D/R related mental health concerns.
- Responds to psychological emergencies and provides crisis intervention as required up to and including involuntary hospitalization or placement under observation due to suicide risk or inability to adjust within general population due to symptoms of mental illness.
- Conducts post-release planning and communicates with community based mental health facilities for referral and continuity of care as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a copy of your most recent resume. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Staff Today at 505-565-5558 and ask to speak with Barbara Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM MT)
- Master' s degree from an accredited college or university in a mental health related field such as Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work.
- Arizona State Licensure as a Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Mental Health Professional or Mental Health Counselor (if claiming license eligibility, applicant must be able to provide proper documentation).
- One (1) year experience providing mental health services in an institutional setting is preferred.
- Ability to work in crisis situations in a professional and mature manner.
- Strong counseling and motivational skills.
- Must be able to work individual and in a team environment.
- Above average verbal and writing skills.
- Must be able to develop clear and concise reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.