Job Number: 23340842
Pay Rate ($): 45.0
Staff Today, a HAN Division, is currently seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse to work at a correctional facility in Smithfield, North Carolina. These are registry positions with our company Staff Today
Pay Rate: $45 / hour
- 6a-230p 1st shift 8 hours
- 1st or 2nd shift; 8 or 10-hr shifts.
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, or disabled patients
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide companionship and basic care to patients
- Administer prescribed medications to patients
- Responsible for providing direct nursing care to patients, within the scope of practice to include, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Screen, observe, and assess patients, provide basic wound care and personal care to patients.
- Deliver routine respiratory therapy and other treatments.
- Catheter and colostomy care.
- Collect vital signs and specimens.
- Prepare and administer medications.
- Administer and interpret TB skin tests.
- Observe and record pertinent patient information.
- Respond to emergencies, and assist the Registered Nurse and Physician, as required.
- LPN licensed to practice in the Client
- Conduct offender sick call 3 times per week as dictated by DPS Health Care Procedure Policy, or assist Unit physician with sick call when Unit physician is present
- Conduct Restrictive Housing checks daily as dictated by the prison Unit Standard Operating Procedures.
- Use approved DPS Nursing Protocols to treat minor injuries & illnesses which do not require a physician' s attention.
- Prepare & administer medications as per physician order.
- Refer offenders to physician' s clinics, or hospitals as appropriate.
- Prepare medical records for transferring offenders, including following the policy & procedure for medication transfer in the DPS.
- Provide offenders access to quality healthcare provided by competent healthcare professionals in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Ensure proper organization & maintenance of health records in accordance with the prison Unit policies and the DPS Health Care Policies & Procedures manual, and assure that the prison Unit Healthcare Standard Operating Procedures are maintained in a current state at all times.
- Ensure that all treatments & medications are fully documented in the patient' s health record.
- The Vendor' s RNs may possibly assume charge responsibilities but only after they have been oriented to a particular facility area, however a DPS RN would always be available for consultation via phone or actual site location (contact number to be provided).
- Obtain venipuncture blood samples/package specimens for lab handling
- Must meet CPR training/certification requirements per contract (RFP19-013835-BET).
- Correctional experience preferred, but not required
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a copy of your most recent resume. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Staff Today at (800) 928-5561 and ask to speak with Jessica Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST).
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.