Job Number: 23930164
Pay Rate ($): 40.0
Staff Today, a HAN Division, is currently seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse to work at a facility in Monett, Missouri. This is a registry position with our company Staff Today.
Pay Rate: $40 / hour
Primarily responsible for the school health services to students attending the Missouri Schools for the Severely Disabled under supervision of a Registered Nurse
- Monday – Friday 8: 15 a.M. – 3: 15 p.M.
The incumbent must have the ability to perform the essential functions below either with or without reasonable accommodations under supervision of a Registered Nurse.
1. Coordinate and implement a plan for health screenings.
2. Coordinate, design and implement special health care procedures.
3. Provide training on lifting techniques, basic first aid, infection control procedures, administering medication, CPR and other in-service as needed.
4. Administer medication and other health care procedures according to physician orders.
5. Follow proper nursing procedures and maintain appropriate documentation.
6. Seek out and use community health service resources.
7. Participate in staffing and IEP conferences to provide information on the student' s physical and health needs when requested.
8. Oversee all SHCP. Make sure they are completed correctly and all necessary supplies are available. Notify parents if additional supplies are needed.
9. Utilize each student' s individual communication system.
10. Take a leadership role in developing and implementing a comprehensive school health plan.
11. Accurately complete required reports on or before established deadlines.
12. Communicate effectively in both oral and written forms, using correct grammar, punctuation, clarity and consistency of thought.
13. Collaborate with building administrator to maintain an orderly, attractive, safe, clean environment.
14. Maintain CPR training instructor certification and basic CPR certification
15. Maintain confidentiality of parent, student and staff personally identifiable information.
16. Ability to use Microsoft Word, Outlook and access information via the internet.
1. Itinerant travel may be assigned as needed.
2. Perform the daily self-care of students as needed and assigned (e.G., diapering, feeding, hand washing, tooth brushing, etc.)
3. Lift and move 50 pounds to include assisting in changing positions of students.
4. Participate in staff development activities to keep nursing skills updated and current.
5. Infrequent travel for training and staff meetings.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Missouri.
2. Experience with pediatrics and/or individuals with disabilities preferred.
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a copy of your most recent resume. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Staff Today at (800) 928-5561 and ask to speak with Brenda Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST).
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.