Job Number: 22424807
Pay Rate ($): 32.0
Staff Today Inc (STI) is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to work at the state Mental Health facility in Columbia, South Carolina . This is a registry position working for Staff Today Inc.
- AM SHIFT
- Lodge F 1 RN
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Assists a doctor or a registered nurse in a variety of paraprofessional nursing tasks.
- Supervises the work of nursing assistants and other subordinate health care personnel in the performance of routine nursing duties; carries out established procedures and policies.
- Discusses patient' s progress and needs with physicians and registered nurses; assists them with examinations and treatment.
- Cleans and sterilizes general floor supplies.
- Administers routine oral, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications following departmental policies and procedures; records significant responses to administered medications.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse and respiration of patients.
- Tests vision and hearing of patients.
- Takes blood and smears for testing.
- Knowledge of practical nursing procedures.
- Knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene, basic health and safety practices.
- Knowledge of the human anatomy.
- Ability to make accurate technical and physical observations of patients.
- Ability to accurately record observations.
- Positions in this classification require licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse by the South Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing.
If interested in this position, Staff Today accepts applications via email, fax, and mail. You may also apply directly through this job post. If you have any questions, please contact Savannah at our offices at 800-928-5561.
You may also fax your resume and credentials to 877-858-6263 or email your documents to hr2@stafftodayinc.Com