Job Number: 22592050
Pay Rate ($): 27.0
Staff Today Inc. (STI) is currently seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse to work at a correctional facility in Black Mountain, North Carolina. This is a registry position with our company Staff Today Inc.
Pay Rate: $27 / hour
- 6a-230p 1st shift 8 hours
- M, T, Th, F 8-4: 30 W 12: 30-9: 00pm
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, or disabled patients
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide companionship and basic care to patients
- Administer prescribed medications to patients
- Responsible for providing direct nursing care to patients, within the scope of practice to include, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Screen, observe, and assess patients, provide basic wound care and personal care to patients.
- Deliver routine respiratory therapy and other treatments.
- Catheter and colostomy care.
- Collect vital signs and specimens.
- Prepare and administer medications.
- Administer and interpret TB skin tests.
- Observe and record pertinent patient information.
- Respond to emergencies, and assist the Registered Nurse and Physician, as required.
- At least one year (12 months) of previous working experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Must have up to date credentials in the state of North Carolina
- A valid and current CPR card (American Heart Association)
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Familiarity with medical terminology
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a copy of your most recent resume and desired pay rate. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Staff Today Inc. At (800) 928-5561 and ask to speak with Jessica Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST).