Job Number: 23791239
Pay Rate ($): 29.0
Staff Today, a HAN Division, is currently seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse to work at a Correctional Facility in Ordway, Colorado . This is a registry position with Staff Today.
Pay Rate: $29 / hour
- Evening shift.
- 1000 to 2200
- Flexible on the hours.
- Documents in an accurate and timely manner to provide comprehensive offender medical records
- Provides standardized patient education within established nursing guidelines
- Transcribes medical orders and reports at change of shifts
- Provides physical care and treatments, administers medications, collaborates on treatment plans, employs infection control measures, provides referral to appropriate Clinical Services staff for new arrivals, crisis intervention, interviews and triages offenders, and performs instruction and orientation
- Assists physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners with minor medical and surgical procedures
- Ensures ordering and restocking of medications and supplies
- May occasionally be required to participate in restraining an offender primarily for medical reasons
- Delivering PO, IM, IV, SQ, SL medications to offenders in medication lines, infirmaries, specialized cell houses, and PRN
- Observes and reports the physical and emotional condition of offenders including the effectiveness of medications and treatments during sick line emergencies
- Promotes and is accountable for safety and security of the clinical environment through conscientious observations and sensitive item/contraband control including counting syringes, needles, narcotics, instruments, and key control
- Operates a variety of clinical equipment dictated by the type of equipment available in the assigned work unit
- Knowledgeable about all Life Safety policies and procedures applicable to the assigned work unit
- Informs supervisor of any violations of security or safety through the report writing process
- Attends training programs as assigned, including 2-day self-defense to ensure self protection skills
- At least one year (12 months) previous working experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Must have up to date credentials in the state of Colorado
- A valid and current CPR card (American Heart Association)
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Familiarity with medical terminology
If interested in this position, Staff Today accepts applications via email, fax, and mail. You may also apply directly through this job post. If you have any questions, please contact Jesus at our offices at 800-928-5561.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.