Job Number: 23417889
Pay Rate ($): 0.0
Staff Today, a HAN Division, is currently seeking a Health Care Services Trainee II (DA) to work at a facility in Sterling, Colorado. These are registry positions with our company Staff Today.
Position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Provides support for drug and alcohol treatment programs and substance use disorder education to inmates
- Under direct supervision and in accordance with rules, regulations, guidelines and clinical standards, position will implement treatment plans, deliver treatment through educational/vocational or recreational activities in individual and group settings, conduct approved programs for inmates and provide assessment of treatment needs for individual inmates;
- Provide observations and information to support treatment activities;
- Documents both handwritten and electronically in an accurate and timely manner to provide comprehensive inmate treatment records;
- Responsible to seek review and supervision of all documentation assigned;
- Listens to inmate concerns and provides counseling and direction when appropriate;
- Communicates to advise, counsel, and/or guide staff within the clinical unit, the facility, and outside agencies to ensure continuity of care;
- Responsible for maintaining standards of the program or work unit through compliance with all applicable professional, departmental, organizational and unit standards;
- Assist counselors and learn to monitor inmate treatment and documentation to assure compliance with standards and continuity of care.
- Promotes and is accountable for the safety and security of the clinical and correctional environment through conscientious observations, and sensitive item contraband control;
- Informs supervisor of any violations of safety and security through the report writing process, attends training programs as assigned, including self-defense course to ensure self-protection skills
- Applicant must have one year of full-time experience participating in the delivery of behavioral health treatment in a drug and alcohol program, mental health program, or sex offender program.
- Applicant must be a Certified Addiction Technician
- Education from an accredited institution in the behavioral health sciences such as Psychology, Social Work or Counseling will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis. You must attach a copy of your transcripts that contain your name, name of the college, type of degree received and date degree was awarded.
- Current, valid certification, registration and/or licensure from the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies in one of the following: Certified Addiction Specialist (CAS), Addiction Counselor Candidate (AC-C), Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC), Clinical Social Worker Candidate (SWC), Licensed Social Worker (LSW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (CSW), Licensed Psychologist Candidate (PSYC), Marriage and Family Therapist Candidate (MFTC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate (LPC-C), or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) will substitute for the required Certified Addiction Technician or active enrollment as a student practicing as part of a practicum/internship in an accredited graduate behavioral health sciences program.
1. Experience providing or participating in addiction treatment to an incarcerated population;
2. Certified Addiction Counselor Specialist, Addiction Counselor Candidate, Licensed Addiction Counselor, Licensed Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Psychologist Candidate, Marriage and Family Therapist or Candidate (MFTC or LMFT) or Licensed Professional Counselor or Candidate (LPCC or LPC);
3. Experience providing comprehensive clinical documentation in the field of addiction counseling;
4. Experience administering Standardized Offender Assessment-Revised (SOA-R) Assessments;
5. Experience working with diverse populations;
6. Experience working with dually diagnosed populations.
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a copy of your most recent resume. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Staff Today at 800-928-5561 and ask to speak with Jesus Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST).
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.