Job Number: 23-13583
Pay Rate ($): 41.0
Health Advocates Network is seeking a Drug/Alcohol Counselor to work at a facility in Canon City, Colorado. This is a registry position with our company.
Pay Rate: $41 - $44 / hour
- 8: 00am-5: 00pm Monday-Thursday
- 3-6+ month contract
- Serves as consultant for unit staff regarding assessment, diagnosis, and treatment planning
- Monitors inmate treatment and documentation to assure compliance with standards and to assure continuity of care
- Assures accurate Information System behavioral health needs levels, and provides group, brief, and individual treatment
- Provides clinical direction to non-clinical staff in behavioral health care and treatment of inmates
- Assures continuity of care for inmates by making appropriate referral and providing necessary information and documentation for receiving units, facilities, or agencies
- Provides crisis intervention in conjunction with clinical standards regarding mental health professional privilege level
- Documents both handwritten and electronically in an accurate and timely manner to provide comprehensive inmate behavioral health records
- Communicates directly with inmates regarding their behavioral health care such as consequences of maladaptive behavior and desired and undesirable effects of prescribed behavioral health medication
- Listens to inmate concerns and provides counseling and direction
- Communicates to advise, counsel, inform and/or guide staff within the clinical unit, the facility, clinical and administrative supervisors and outside agencies to ensure continuity and direction of behavioral health care
- Communicates and responds to complaints, problems, transfers, classifications, and inmate behavioral management issues
- Responsible for maintaining standards of the program or work unit through compliance with all applicable professional, departmental, organizational and unit standards
- Promotes and is accountable for the safety and security of the clinical and correctional environment through conscientious observations, and sensitive item contraband control.
- Ability to effectively communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a copy of your most recent resume. If you have any questions, please feel free to call at 800-928-5561 and ask to speak with Isaiah Monday-Friday.
- Must be a Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, or Licensed Addictions Counselor.
- Must have experience in drug and/or alcohol counselling.