Job Number: 23-12169
Pay Rate ($): 107.0
Health Advocates Network is currently seeking a Dentist to work at a correctional facility in Windsor, North Carolina. These are registry positions with our company.
Pay Rate: $107 / hour
- 40 hours/week working weekdays except Friday
Services to be Provided: Dentists furnished under this contract shall provide services under the clinical supervision of the Correctional Dental Director/Designee. Services may include but are not limited to:
Guidelines: Dentists providing service under this contract shall:
- Examination, diagnosis, treatment planning, treatment, and oral hygiene instruction to DPS inmates.
- Referral of Offenders to appropriate dental consultants when necessary.
- Supervision of all dental auxiliaries in the performance of their assigned duties to ensure that their practice is in compliance with Departmental policies and applicable State law.
- Proper organization and maintenance as well as thorough and legible documentation of dental records in accordance with Unit/Institution and Department of Public Safety policies.
- Emergency dental treatment for all assigned inmates at the Unit Dentist's office or other location as appropriate
- Dental examination including but not limited to taking or reviewing the patient's dental history, charting of teeth, and examination of the hard and soft tissue of the oral cavity with a mouth mirror, explorer, and adequate illumination. X-ray studies for diagnostic purposes should be taken if necessary. The results of the examination should be recorded on a uniform dental record system. A professional dental prophylaxis should be performed when prescribed by the dentist.
- Practice universal precautions, with appropriate barriers for dentist and staff.
- Ensure proper infection control guidelines for disinfecting and sterilizing of dental instruments and hand pieces.
- Ensure safe disposal of dental office wastes.
- Document according to the guidelines as set forth in the Department's Health Care Procedures Manual, all care given to the inmate population.
- Ensure that all services provided will be consistent with community standards of practice and performed in accordance with customary rules of ethics and conduct of the applicable state and professional licensure boards and agencies.
- Provide treatment and services that are medically/dentally necessary, consistent with symptoms and diagnosis, appropriate with regard to standards of medical practice, not solely for convenience or inmate request, most appropriate level of service that can safely be provided, and intended to result in restoration or improvement in function, and not to be considered as investigational [G.S. 135-40.7 (5)].
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a copy of your most recent resume. If you have any questions, please feel free to call at (800) 928-5561 and ask to speak with Jessica Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST).