Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CNRP)- Short-Term
Pay Rate: $40 / hour
Certain certification as Registered Nurse Practitioner by the State Board of Nursing in an Adult Care Specialty area, or Emergency Care, Family Care, Gerontology or Primary Care.
• A registered nurse practitioner is a registered nurse licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and is certified by the State Board of Nursing. In addition, this individual while functioning in the expanded role as a professional nurse performs acts of medical diagnosis or prescription of medical therapeutic or corrective measures in collaboration with and under the direction of a physician also licensed to practice medicine in the Commonwealth. NOTE: Nothing in this statement limits or prohibits this individual (nurse) from engaging in activities which normally constitute the practice of nursing as defined in section 2 of The Professional Nursing Law (63 P. S. § 212).
• Graduate of an accredited (NLN - National League of Nursing) approved program
• Verification of a Pennsylvania state Registered Nurse license that is active and in good standing, with no restrictions or adverse actions taken against it by the State Board of Nursing.
• Knowledge of the theories, principles, practices and techniques used in the field of psychiatric and mental health nursing, and the relationships between diagnostic findings and therapeutic methodologies.
• Knowledge of mental illnesses, signs and symptoms, treatment and social implications.
• Knowledge of the application of psychiatric and mental health nursing principles to individual and group behavior.
• Knowledge of laboratory methods, equipment and techniques as they relate to the field of psychiatric and mental health nursing.
• Ability to examine patients, interpret results of diagnostic testing, findings, make decisions and to prescribe or carry out course of treatment.
• Ability to communicate with and gain the confidence and cooperation of patients and to instill and maintain a cooperative attitude with other members of the treatment team throughout the care and treatment process.
• Ability to educate and instruct other hospital staff in current, accepted treatment principles and techniques used in the field of psychiatric and mental health nursing.
• Ability to follow general instructions and departmental or hospital policies in carrying out the care and treatment of patients.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with various members of the clinical staff as well other hospital personnel.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with patients as well as departmental or hospital personnel, and the general public.
• Documented Continuing Education credits as required for current licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
• Valid Medicare/Medicaid ID number.
• Evidence of malpractice insurance.
• Minimum of one year experience as a certified nurse practitioner.
• Experience in leadership in working with a mental health interdisciplinary treatment team.
• The candidate must meet all requirements for credentialing and privileging at Danville State Hospital. The candidate' s clinical privileges and medical staff membership at Danville State Hospital shall terminate upon termination of employment or termination of the contract, whichever comes first.
This resource is responsible for a broad range of health care services including medical assessment and prescription therapeutic measures, promotion and maintenance of health, prevention of illness and disability, care during phases of illness, guidance and counseling of individuals and families, and referral to other health care providers and community resources.
Work is performed under the direction of a licensed physician and is received in the form of oral and written instructions, standing orders, and protocols. Supervision of medically-related activities is received from a licensed physician who reviews work through conferences, records audits, and reports for effectiveness, compliance with standards, and adhere to Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners regulations and advanced nursing practices. General Supervision is received from a facility administrator.
Each Contractor must provide any and/or all of the following documentation as required by DSH for each certified/licensed resource that is deployed to a location:
• Copy of current/valid unrestricted Pennsylvania nursing license (signed)
• Registered nurse License/certification is in good standing
• Copy of current professional CPR completion
• Listing of Continuing Education courses, including title of course, date attended and number of continuing education hours earned for the current licensure period
• Evidence of malpractice or applicable insurance
• Photograph of applicant
• Other as deemed necessary by DSH