Job Number: 21969922
Pay Rate ($): 20.0
Staff Today Inc. Is currently seeking a Patient Care Assistant to work at a facility in Lawton, Oklahoma. These are registry positions with our company Staff Today Inc.
- Provide patient care under direction of nursing staff
- Record patient information such as vital signs, weight and changes in medical history
- Update and maintain all client records
- Assist nurse in maintaining medical inventory
- Administer prescribed medications to patients
- Sterilize and prepare medical tools and equipment
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment
- Minimum 1-year previous working experience as a CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- CPR card issued by the American Heart Association
- Must have up to date certification in the state of OK
- Have knowledge of the English language in order to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; of public health services available to the community; of record keeping; of the techniques of interviewing, of basic nursing practices and techniques; of basic methods of sanitation and personal hygiene; of medical terminology; and of planning and organizing work assignments.
- Ability is required to record observations and activities, to follow oral and written directions; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to apply basic nursing techniques; to monitor and direct the work of others; and to judge a situation accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Have three years of experience in providing patient care; current certification in good standing by the Oklahoma Department of Health as a (CNA) Certified Nursing Aide and certification as a (CMA-A) Certified Medication Aide Advanced by the Oklahoma State Department of Health
The functions performed in this job family will vary by level, unit and organization, but may include the following:
- Performs direct nursing tasks including taking vital signs, assisting with activities of daily living and hygiene needs, and obtaining certain lab specimens.
- Charts observations and activities, reporting pertinent changes in the patient' s condition.
- Performs delegated or other specialized functions as educationally prepared.
- Escorts patients to and from various destinations.
- Assists in maintaining and providing a clean, safe environment.
- Orders, receives and stores supplies and performs basic clerical functions.
- Participates in follow-up activities and tracking clients, schedules appointments and performs other related tasks.
- Provides case finding and recruitment of at-risk persons for comprehensive health services.
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may fax a copy of your most recent resume to 877-858-6263. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Staff Today Inc. At 800-928-5561 and ask to speak with Isaac Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST).