Job Number: 22313481
Pay Rate ($): 36.0
Staff Today Inc. (STI) is currently seeking a Certified Master Social Worker to work at a Facility in Scottsbluff, Nebraska. These are registry positions with our company Staff Today Inc.
Pay Rate: $36 / hour
Under limited supervision, performs Certified Master' s level professional social work in determining client needs and providing complex therapeutic services; serves as a member on interdisciplinary teams to participate in treatment planning for assigned clients' provides clinical guidance to social workers, direct staff, practicum students, and/or volunteers. Work is performed under the supervision of a Certified Master Social Worker Supervisor or the Director of Social Work. Performs related work as assigned.
(A position is assigned to this class based on the scope and level of work performed as outlined below.) This class is differentiated from the Social Worker I and II classes based on the ability to perform social work independently whereby incumbents allocated to these classes are not required to obtain a Certification as a Master Social Worker. Positions allocated to the Certified Master Social Worker Supervisor class have supervisory responsibility for professional social work and support staff of social work unit. Positions allocated to the Master Social Worker class are not required to possess Certification and may perform work in this class with a provisional Certification.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
(A position may not be assigned all the duties listed, nor do these examples include all the duties that may be assigned.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Provides clinical consultation to social work and social work support staff.
- Reviews and authorizes other social work department employee' s assessments, discharge plans, and client record documentation.
- Conducts comprehensive psychosocial evaluations of clients on an assigned case load to determine diagnosis, course of treatment/rehabilitation and appropriate discharge plans. Conducts individual, group, and family counseling/psychotherapy, family education programs, and family support groups to assist clients and families in transitioning to nursing homes and residential settings or other discharge locations.
- Compiles social and behavioral information from various sources to develop social histories and psychosocial assessments vital to the development of a client' s treatment and discharge plans.
- Serves as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team; provides information regarding a client' s social history and psychosocial assessments and addressing specific client needs; participates in the development of a client' s active treatment plan.
- Monitors and evaluates clients' success in a defined treatment plan and progress toward established goals; provides recommendations to members of an interdisciplinary treatment team to make adjustments to a client' s treatment plan.
- Provides casework assistance to clients and families in the solution of financial, health, educational, recreational, employment, personal, and family problems.
- Formulates, coordinates and implements client discharge plans by completing referrals to placement and aftercare agencies and providing for financial arrangements; conducts follow-up assessments and evaluations.
- Serves as an advocate for clients by coordinating referrals to various service agencies.
- Serves as liaison with service agencies consulting on client cases to ensure efficiency and continuity in providing services.
- Provides assistance in resource development and in policy and program development and evaluation.
- May conduct research of case files, reports, journals, and other pertinent documentation to facilitate therapeutic/treatment goals.
(These are needed to perform the work assigned.)
Knowledge of: theories and methods of social diagnosis and psychosocial assessment; social systems, family systems, systems theory, and social institutions; the cause of social problem areas and their impact on individuals, families, and communities; State and federal laws and regulations affecting social, legal, and health services; concepts and techniques of social planning; models of psychosocial assessment and intervention; crisis intervention theories and techniques; human behavior, growth, and development; theories of family and social interactions; professional terminology as related to therapy, psychology, and human services.
Skill in: observing and interpreting verbal and non-verbal behavior; interviewing clients to collect and elicit essential information and assess needs and progress; listening to and understanding information received from others; communicating so others understand; conducting differential diagnosis of individuals and groups; utilizing personality theory and diagnostic methods in setting a therapeutic context and formulating goals; assessing functional impairments so they can be addressed in treatment and discharge planning; assembling relevant facts to formulate a comprehensive psychosocial evaluation; discussing sensitive/emotional subjects in a non-threatening, supportive manner; utilizing appropriate social work intervention methods to build client strengths and facilitate positive change; establishing and maintaining rapport with clients and families.
Ability to: conduct psychotherapy of a complex nature; interpret complex psychosocial phenomena; serve as a role model in a professional relationship with clients and social work staff; communicate social work practice and theory to professionals in other disciplines; mediate negotiations between patients, families/guardians and clinicians; generate creative and effective means of dealing with obstacles in the implementation of discharge plans and the provision of social work services to clients; write concise and accurate reports and correspondence.
(Applicants will be screened for possession of these qualifications. Applicants who need accommodation in the selection process should request this in advance.)
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a copy of your most recent resume. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Staff Today Inc. At (800) 928-5561 and ask to speak with Jesus Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST).
- Master' s degree in social work and two years of Master Social Worker experience.