Job Number: 23088345
Pay Rate ($): 18.0
Staff Today, a HAN Division, is seeking a Behavioral Health Assistant (BHA) to work at a psychiatric facility in Columbia, South Carolina . This is a registry position in which working for Staff Today at the state facility. The schedule for this position requires that the BHA is available to work varying shifts a month.
Pay Rate: $18 / hour
- Record and maintain patient information, such as vital signs, eating habits, behavior, progress notes, treatments, or discharge plans.
- Listen and provide emotional support and encouragement to psychiatric patients
- Complete physical checks and monitor patients to detect unusual or harmful behavior and report observations to professional staff.
- Work as part of a team that may include psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatric nurses, or social workers.
- Provide mentally impaired or emotionally disturbed patients with routine physical, emotional. Psychological, or rehabilitation care under the direction of nursing or medical staff.
- Complete administrative tasks, such as entering orders into computer, answering telephone calls, or maintaining medical or facility information.
- Provide patients with assistance in bathing, dressing, or grooming, demonstrating these skills, as necessary.
- High School Diploma, GED or foreign equivalent
- 1 year of experience BLS for Healthcare Providers, issued by American Heart Association
- Proficiency in the English language is necessary for communication with other staff and patients. BHA must be able to communicate effectively in oral and written English.
- Bachelor' s Degree 3 years of experience Child and Adolescent experience Training/Certification in CPI CNA/MA experience
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a copy of your most recent resume. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Staff Today at (800) 928-5561 and ask to speak with Christian Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST).
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.