Job Number: 22424894
Pay Rate ($): 18.0
Staff Today Inc (STI) is seeking a Behavioral Health Assistant to work at a child and adolescent psychiatric hospital in Columbia, South Carolina . This is a registry position working for Staff Today Inc.
- Record and maintain patient information, such as vital signs, eating habits, behavior, progress notes, treatments, or discharge plans.
- Listen and provide emotional support and encouragement to psychiatric patients
- Complete physical checks and monitor patients to detect unusual or harmful behavior and report observations to professional staff.
- Work as part of a team that may include psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatric nurses, or social workers.
- Provide mentally impaired or emotionally disturbed patients with routine physical, emotional. Psychological, or rehabilitation care under the direction of nursing or medical staff.
- Complete administrative tasks, such as entering orders into computer, answering telephone calls, or maintaining medical or facility information.
- Provide patients with assistance in bathing, dressing, or grooming, demonstrating these skills, as necessary.
- High School Diploma, GED or foreign equivalent
- Valid BLS provider card issued by American Heart Association
- Proficiency in the English language is necessary for communication with other staff and patients.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in oral and written English.
If interested in this position, Staff Today accepts applications via email, fax, and mail. You may also apply directly through this job post. If you have any questions, please contact Katherine at our offices at 800-928-5561. You may also fax your resume and credentials to 877-858-6263 or email your documents to hr2@stafftodayinc.Com .