Job Number: 23-14115
Pay Rate ($): 18.0
Health Advocates Network is currently seeking a Administrative Assistant to work at a facility in Brooklyn, New York. These are registry positions with our company.
Pay Rate: $18 / hour
- Respond to consumer complaints and inquiries
- Assist the general public by answering questions via phone or office walk-ins.
- Review written complaints and inquiries, determine how best to handle (ie mediation;referral;private attorney;provide information/materials);and respond to them in writing.
- Identify consumer complaints that could lead to larger affirmative enforcement litigation possibilities.
- Refer consumers to other agencies or provide them with informational materials when appropriate.
- Oversee the regional office's voluntary consumer mediation program
- Train mediators on how to mediate complaints from initial complaint through disposition, with the goal of obtaining a positive result.
- Assign appropriate complaints to mediators and review the outcomes of the files.
- Personally mediate complaints of particular interest.
- Manage consumer files that develop into affirmative enforcement.
- Assist the Consumer AAG's and AAGIC with various tasks as required to support enforcement actions.
- Perform research and record management and report generation functions, including responding to records requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Under the direction of an Assistant Attorney General candidate will:
- Become familiar with consumer protection laws that our office enforces.
- Confer with attorneys about patterns and potential violations of law and determine whether future action is needed.
- Assist with ongoing investigations and the preparation of litigation.
- Perform background research on the subjects of the investigation and identify all consumers affected.
- Gather and organize evidence to support the investigation, including doing online research, reviewing business documents, and occasionally doing field work.
- Create written summaries or spreadsheets summarizing findings.
- Assist Consumer Frauds staff with legal document assembly.
- Assist with post-enforcement activities such as monitoring businesses and distributing restitution to consumers.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma, Technical Degree/Certificate Program, Bachelors Degree
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may fax a copy of your most recent resume to 877-858-623. If you have any questions, please feel free to call at (800) 928-5561 and ask to speak with Alondra (Monday-Friday 8: 30 AM-5: 00 PM PST).